Policies are rules that are to be followed by all editors. These policies were created with several important goals in mind, including but not limited to:
- Keeping the wiki clean and kid-safe
- Encouraging a harmonious atmosphere
- Complying with copyright regulations
- Increasing stylistic consistency from one article to another.
If you would like to propose a new policy, please do so by starting a new discussion on this page's talk page. You can also suggest changes to existing policies.
- Bad language is not allowed.
- Sharing adult material is not allowed.
- Treat other users with politeness. Rudeness and cyber-bullying are not allowed. (If someone is being unkind to you, see this blog post.)
- Assume good faith: believe the best of others whenever possible.
- Vandalism is not allowed.
- Spamming (using an article to promote a person, website, product, etc) is not allowed.
- Fan-fiction should be G-rated and should only be shared in blog posts. It does not belong in articles or elsewhere, and it should never be passed off as fact.
Other information on policiesEdit
There are very few policies which apply across all Wikia. These can be found on the Central Wikia at Wikia:Category:Policy.
Other policies for this Wikia should be decided by the wiki community. It's generally best to keep policies as simple as possible, and not to introduce too many rules. A growing wiki can usually do well with a few simple policies and a lot of goodwill and cooperation.
[[Category:Policy]] to any policy pages will add them to the policy category. This is found here.